The NYU Wasserman Center is open and available to support you in your job or internship search during this uncertain time. Find a list of helpful articles and resources below, and check back often as new content will be added weekly. Schedule a virtual career coaching appointment on Handshake today!
What are some tips for job searching during this time?
- WayUp: Virtual Lunch & Learn Summer Series
- GradConnection: Industry Insights Webinars
- Ryan Robinson: “6 Steps How To Get a Remote Job This Weekend in 2020 (Ultimate Guide)
- Handshake: A List of Free Services and Resources to Help You Right Now
- Business Insider: The 30 best high-paying jobs of the future
- The Muse: What Does the Coronavirus Pandemic Mean for Your Job Search?
- Gartner: Summer Webinar Series (Attendance at 5 sessions grants a certificate of completion)
- GoinGlobal: Global Employment Snapshots
- GoinGlobal: 5 Tips for Finding Work during the COVID-19 Pandemic
What companies are still hiring?
- Handshake: 500 Companies Hiring Students on Handshake Right Now
- The Muse: Companies Are Still Hiring During COVID-19—Here Are 103 That Want Your Applications Now
- Candor: Who’s freezing hiring from coronavirus (Check in with your recruiter for up to date information)
- WayUp: Companies Still Hiring during COVID-19
- LinkedIn: Here’s who’s hiring right now
- NYU Lockin Portal: Find Jobs in China
- Jumpstart: Get hired by companies that you care about with the support of a trusted community
- LinkedIn: Navigating coronavirus: We’re In It Together
- LinkedIn Learning: Free Courses to Help You Navigate the Impact of COVID-19
- Interested??: Social Justice Minded Jobs
Where do I find remote jobs, internships or opportunities?
- Handshake: “Get hired remotely” Handshake Landing Page
- Parker Dewey: Search microinternships, 5-40 hour paid projects that can be done remotely (International students must talk to OGS)
- SkillSoniq: Connecting skilled talent with great companies
- Covintern: Get connected with remote internships at top startups and companies
- Ryan Robinson: 78 Best Freelance Jobs Websites to Get Remote Freelance Work (Fast) in 2020
- InsideSherpa: Virtual Work Experience Programs
- PosCOVIDity: Apply to the Innovation Challenge
Where can I find the Your Career and Covid-19 Zoom Webinar Recordings?
- Navigate Your Job Search During Covid-19: April 10 & June 5
- Virtual Networking: April 17 & June 12
- Planning for Summer: April 24 & June 19
- Job Searching for International Students with OGS: May 1 & June 26
- Virtual Interviewing: May 8
- Finding Growth/Resilient Industries: May 15
- Staying Resilient in a Challenging Job Market: May 22
- Conducting a Global Job Search: May 29
Where can I find more Wasserman and NYU Resources?
- Job and Internship Search During COVID-19
- Mindfulness During the Job Search
- Become Violet Ready, Skills for Success Beyond NYU
- Undergrads: Review our Job Search Guide for Graduating Seniors
- Grads: Review our Job Search Guide for Graduate Students
- NYU Service: Virtual Volunteering Opportunities
- NYU Office of Global Services: COVID-19 and Emergency Information
Relevant Wasserman Blog Posts:
- Top Employers, Industries, and Job Functions Recruiting NYU Students Right Now
- Companies Hiring: Weekly Update: Ten Companies Hiring Right Now
- Industry Specific: Industry Insights & Connections
- ’08 and ’09 Alumni advice: Learning from the past, Planning for the future
- Grad Student Tips: Did I Really Do That? — Overcoming Impostor Syndrome as A Graduate Student
- KIPP New Jersey: How to Nail Your Education Video Interview